Assistant Editor - Marketing & Social Media Content
Location: Chicago, IL
Are you interested in the business behind restaurants? Do you want to contribute to a national, award-winning publication? If so, you might be the person we’re looking for.
Winsight Media is seeking an Assistant Editor to join the Foodservice Content team to contribute print, digital and event content for our Restaurant Business, FoodService Director and Fast brands—business magazines that happen to be able the food business. This editor would also cultivate subject matter expertise in marketing and social media at restaurants and chain-restaurant news.
We have an excellent Chicago loop location, just steps from many public transportation systems. We offer excellent career growth opportunities, 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life insurance, unlimited PTO and many more great benefits.
- Pitch, report and write articles for foodservice group titles, both in print and online
- Pitch and develop content and recommend experts for Winsight foodservice group events, Technomic events and conferences, and serve as a presenter/moderator for such content
- Develop content for Technomic reports, newsletters, webinars, presentations and other products
- As the subject matter expert, establish deep knowledge, expertise and insight as well as cultivate contacts and sources in the areas of restaurant chain news and marketing/social media
- Cover relevant Winsight events and industry events
- Drafts, assembles, and package meeting materials and resources for customer meetings
- Other editorial duties, as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Two years reporting and writing experience and strong skills in each
- Some knowledge of the operational players in and impacting the restaurant and/or noncommercial foodservice industry
- Comfort with public speaking
- Innovative, entrepreneurial drive—a go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced, digital-centric environment; someone who is bought-in to the big-picture goals and brings enthusiasm and new ideas to help achieve them
For more information about this employment opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].