We are seeking an experienced Account Executive to join our Restaurant Show Group out of our Chicago office!
The Account Executive will achieve and exceed assigned exhibit space and sponsorship goals for the annual National Restaurant Association Show thru new business development and account/relationship management activities. Develop, maintain and grow an assigned sales territory comprised of food and beverage suppliers, equipment and supplies manufacturers, technology providers and other product categories aligned with the foodservice industry. Assess and develop opportunities to refer and or cross-sell other Winsight Media and Technomic solutions.
- Sell and maintain exhibit space and sponsorships to companies for National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show via extensive tele-sales activity (cold-calling), email outreach, and attending competitive shows.
- Sell new exhibit space and re-sign and grow existing accounts on an annual basis.
- Expected to achieve a net square footage goal and sponsorship goal, both monthly and annually.
- A high level of activity (phone calls, email, web-based presentations, etc.) and presence at designated industry events is expected at all times.
- Responsible for the overall satisfaction of clients by providing excellent customer service. This includes pre-show preparation calls, post-show calls, collection calls as well as providing operations/logistical assistance, as needed.
- Must maintain role as key point-of-contact for clients and develop relationships that go beyond the space sale.
- Be a team player with other departments, in providing them pertinent and timely exhibitor issues/news.
- Maintain clear, up-to-date records and salesforce.com database notes on prospective and existing exhibitors.
- Expected to provide consistent updates to weekly, monthly and annual forecasts, and sales pipelines. AE will participate in weekly one-on-one meetings with Senior Director of Sales, Show.
- Further knowledge of industry and personal development by participating in sales training. Self-educate in current trends and key new companies in the industry to be viewed as industry subject matter expert for the restaurant/food service industry.
Use of Following Tools:
- Computer: Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce.com
- College degree in related field preferred
- Two years of relevant sales experience, preferably with tradeshow or event sponsorship sales, and/or partner development with experience that includes accountability to revenue production and goals
- Experience with B2B media, marketing and information services a plus
- Background in food service, beverage alcohol industries a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Computer literate (Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications)
- Ability to learn other computer software programs, and enter and maintain accurate data/information
- Ability to engage with and build relationships with senior decision makers at client and prospect accounts
- Strong organizational skills
- Accurate and consistent account qualification and pipeline management skills
- Flexible and resilient
- Problem-solving and time management skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Broad fundamental understanding of the restaurant industry/business environment
- Significant communication skills in written and verbal formats; showcases clear and concise manner
- Ability to persuasively communicate concepts and programs at the highest levels
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently; a self-initiator, versatile and assumes risk with responsibility
We have an excellent Chicago loop location, just steps from many public transportation systems. We offer excellent career growth opportunities, 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, open PTO, smart, dynamic coworkers and a positive, results-oriented environment.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.