30+ days ago | Requisition ID:
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
The Account Manager oversees a book of business and client portfolios across Technomic’s tools and services in order to provide the highest level of support and engagement for our clients. Responsible for retention of our programs, this position requires strong relationship management, understanding of our programs and services and the ability to manage contract negotiations
- Oversees a book of business and client portfolios across Technomic’s tools and services
- Manages client relationships with assigned accounts; providing excellent client service and communication
- Actively works to achieve high levels of retention and identifies leads and opportunities to grow client portfolios
- Maintains renewal rate goals and manages renewal contracts for existing clients
- Develops and builds relationships with main contacts and key users
- Effectively carries out the on-boarding process for new clients
- Leads trainings and webinars on multiple online databases
- Responds appropriately to client questions and requests in a timely manner
- Ensures on-time completion of all projects
- Partners and communicates effectively with internal departments including accounting, sales, product development, research and consulting practice
- Upholds team objectives, goals, and measurement process
- Maintains accurate and timely reporting related to retention and client relationship metrics
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2-5 years of sales, account management or marketing experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Experience with client facing meetings and presentations
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships
- Food service knowledge and/or willingness to stay current with industry and trends.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM interface, experience with utilizing on-line programs and databases.
- Proficient in Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM tools
Excellent written/verbal communication skills; highly professional; self-starter and works well both independently and with other team members; ability to meet deadlines; adaptable, professional and hardworking; aptitude for learning; must be able to multi-task and have good time management skills, public speaking, presentation, analytical and problem solving skills; understanding of market research; must be dependable, highly motivated, well-organized, outgoing and team-oriented with the business acumen and communication skills to effectively communicate with business leaders; fosters teamwork, working cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, problem resolution and able to make sound decisions.
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.