Accounts Receivable Specialist
30+ days ago | Requisition ID:
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
Own the entire billing and collection process of Winsight’s industry intelligence and strategic consulting arm, Technomic Inc. Ensure contracts are processed and billed in a timely fashion while adhering to professional and regulatory standards. In addition, work cross-departmentally on supplemental reporting and product offering projects. Reports to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Review contracts and verify appropriate supplemental documentation to promote orders to the billing system.
- Produce invoices in the billing system or schedule them according to predetermined agreements, while ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Realign revenue schedules according to applicable ASC606 product offerings.
- Request any purchase orders required by the customer for invoicing and communicate outstanding POs with the sales and account management teams.
- Prepare the Account Receivable Aging Report twice monthly and regularly document collection efforts and customer updates.
- Contact customers regarding delinquent accounts, recommend collection actions, and negotiate revised payment terms, if necessary.
- Research and resolve billing issues, and process corrections where necessary in a timely fashion.
- Set-up new customers and provide database maintenance to current customers.
- Monitor advisory project schedules with the project managers and realign revenue according to revised estimated completion dates. Invoice customers for billable expenses associated with the project.
- Participate in the monthly close ensuring revenue schedules align with expected delivery or product-type and invoice schedules appropriately post to unbilled receivables.
- Assist with other accounting department duties as needed, such as credit card processing, sales tax reporting, quarterly commission reviews, and so forth.
What You’ll Need to Thrive:
- Education: Associate degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field of study preferred
- Experience: 1 - 2 years related billing experience is helpful. Understanding of the revenue cycle, specifically ASC 606, is preferred.
- Technical Experience: Experience with accounting/contract software, specifically Sage Intacct and SalesForce, is helpful. Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skills: Ability to review, process, and bill contracts with incredible attention to detail. Strong time management and problem-solving skills. A self-starter that can handle projects without sacrificing regular responsibilities. Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially with customers who have outstanding payment issues.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.