Business Development Associate
30+ days ago | Requisition ID:
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
Technomic is seeking an entry-level Business Development Associate to extend our reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities. We offer the chance to build core fundamental skills in sales and relationship management. In this position, you will interact and directly impact senior-level executives at leading organizations within the foodservice industry.
The ideal candidate will have 1+ years in a BDR or SDR role, or relevant work experience. We are looking for a candidate with a demonstrated record of generating new business pipeline through prospecting and gaining interest through outbound emailing and cold calling. Candidates must be extremely comfortable prospecting and developing leads via the telephone.
- Conducting lead generation, prospecting, and sourcing high-potential leads within assigned territories
- Proactively scheduling calls with prospective clients via phone and email (including cold calling)
- Researching prospective clients or current clients to identify new sales opportunities, customize communications strategies, and ensure prospects understand the value of our extensive products and services
- Partnering with Business Development Managers to support plans for sales territories, with a goal of supporting monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 1+ years of sales development experience
- Telephone sales and development skills, making 50+ calls a day
- Experience using lead generations tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesloft, Salesforce and other tools) to identify and capture key contacts
- Robust business acumen to research companies, business trends, and competitive intelligence to create research-based strategic outreach
- Strong curiosity and interest in the foodservice and retail sectors
- Self-starter able to work independently and as a team with other sales professionals
- Highly professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and experience utilizing CRM software for all conversations, opportunities, and metrics
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.