Business Development Manager
21 days ago | Requisition ID: 1100
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
Winsight is seeking a dynamic, qualified Business Development Manager to join our firm. Winsight is a leader in the market(s) it serves, has a sales-driven culture with a team of outside sales representative that call on the largest customers, so with success in this role will come many opportunities for growth.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of identifying new customers and exceeding sales targets. Strong relationship management skills and consultative selling are a must. Understanding of B2B media (digital, events, content marketing, magazines), and experience selling to marketing VPs and C-level executives required.
As a member of our sales team, you’ll play a key role in driving new business opportunities and enriching our prospect database. The ideal candidate will have some previous inside sales or telemarketing experience, ideally in a business-to-business environment. You will source new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and email marketing, promoting various brands. You’ll play a vital role in our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- Prospecting and developing new business relationships via telephone to drive sales across an integrated brand platform
- Building long lasting relationships with clients by offering exceptional customer focus and developing a full understanding of their business needs and objectives, then connecting the dots between their needs and Winsight’s capabilities
- Selling a range of B2B media products in food and related markets
- Continually deepen knowledge and understanding of segments we serve
- Consistently forecast performance as required within a narrow margin of error
- Maintaining an aggressive sales pipeline with accurate reporting in CRM
- Effectively manage sales pipeline and sales administration tasks as necessary
- Travel as needed to meet with clients and attend trade shows and other industry events as necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2-4 years sales experience
- Strong understanding of B2B products and services
- Experience in the foodservice and retail sectors is preferred but not required
- Telephone sales and development skills a must, used to making 50+ calls a day
- Must have a courteous and professional phone manner and exceptional conversational skills
- Proven track record of developing leads with timely deal closings
- Highly professional and a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision both independently and as a team with other sales professionals and consultants
- Highly professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Utilizes CRM for all conversations, opportunities and metrics
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.