Business Development Manager
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
Technomic is seeking a dynamic, qualified Business Development Manager to join our firm. We offer the opportunity to work with senior executives in driving their company’s growth and profitability.
Our company is looking for a talented and experienced Business Development Manager We need a self-motivated individual with proven experience and an outstanding track record in developing new business for subscription services. In this position, you will be responsible for demonstrating and selling our Ignite platform(our leading SaaS platform for the foodservice industry).
The ideal candidate will have a track record of exceeding sales targets and strong prospecting and closing skills. Candidates must be extremely comfortable prospecting and developing sales via the telephone. Limited travel to conference and clients will be required.
Responsibilities include supporting the development of sales plans, prospecting and cultivating new business relationships with potential clients, articulating the capabilities of Technomic products and projects, providing management team with progress reporting, and representing the company at client meetings, presentations, and industry events. Candidate must also act as a client focused liaison to our consulting associates to ensure that projects are completed to clients’ specifications and timelines.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 5-7 years sales experience
- Understanding and experience in the foodservice and retail sectors is a plus
- Superior new business and prospecting skills a must.
- Experience in selling SAAS products
- Must have a courteous and professional phone manner and exceptional conversational skills
- Proven track record of developing leads with timely deal closings
- Highly professional and a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision both independently and as a team with other sales professionals and consultants
- Highly professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Utilizes CRM for all conversations, opportunities, and metrics
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.