Business Development Manager (Research)
30+ days ago | Requisition ID: 1133
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
Technomic is seeking a dynamic Business Development Manager to join our team. We offer the opportunity to work with senior executives in driving their company’s growth and profitability.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of exceeding sales targets and strong skills with relationship management and consultative selling are a must. Understanding of market research, and experience selling to marketing VPs, market researchers and C-level executives required. Candidates must be extremely comfortable prospecting and developing sales via the telephone. Prior experience working with national accounts is a plus. Some travel will be required.
- Supporting the development of sales plans
- Selling a range of market research and related strategic products
- Prospecting and cultivating new business relationships with potential clients
- Articulating the capabilities of Technomic products and projects
- Providing management team with progress reporting
- Representing the company at client meetings, presentations, and industry events
- Act as a client focused liaison to our consulting associates to ensure that projects are completed to clients’ specifications and timelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-4 years sales experience
- Strong understanding and experience in the foodservice and retail sectors
- Telephone sales and development skills a must, used to making 50+ calls a day; In-person meetings skills a plus
- Must have a courteous and professional phone manner and exceptional conversational skills
- Experience selling intangibles, market research preferred
- Proven track record of developing leads with timely deal closings
- Excellent public speaking skills with the ability to present to large and small groups in sales meetings
- Highly professional and a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision both independently and as a team with other sales professionals and consultants
- Highly professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Utilizes CRM for all conversations, opportunities and metrics
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.