Business Development Representative
29 days ago | Requisition ID: 1113
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
We are looking to add a Business Development Representative to our inside sales team. This individual will be covering all 4 Winsight Brands (CSP, Restaurant Business, Foodservice Director and Winsight Grocery Business) and be responsible for finding new sales opportunities from our audience for print, digital, conferences and meetings.
- Create new sales opportunities through outbound cold calls and email marketing
- Prospect and develop new business relationships via telephone to create new opportunities and drive sales
- Enrich our prospect database, find new customers and document all sales activities within our CRM, Salesforce
- Create and manager a robust sales pipeline, and forecast future sales from that pipeline
- Build long lasting relationships with clients by offering exceptional customer focus and developing a full understanding of their business needs and objectives, then connecting the dots between their needs and Winsight’s capabilities
- Travel as needed to meet with clients and attend trade shows and other industry events
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have a track record of identifying new customers and exceeding sales targets. Self-starter with strong relationship management and consultative selling skills are a must. Understanding of B2B media (digital, events, content marketing, magazines) is preferred and experience selling to marketing VPS and c-level executives required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of sales experience
- Experience in the foodservice and retail sectors is preferred
- Telephone sales and development skills a must, used to making 50+ calls a day
- Must have a courteous and professional phone manner and exceptional conversational skills
- Proven track record of developing leads with timely deal closings
- Highly professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Utilizes CRM for all conversations, opportunities and metrics
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.