Consumer Insights Manager
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
A Manager on Technomic’s Research & Insights team must have strong research and technical expertise, project management skills, and demonstrate aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving. The Manager acts as the day-to-day project manager for research projects and is capable of planning and conducting all aspects of project work and collaboration with internal teams and external clients with minimal direction or supervision. This individual has at least 5 years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research, interpreting and writing around data, developing insights and implications and presenting study findings relevant to external clients’ businesses both verbally and through written reports. The Manager will also have the opportunity to manage a small team of Research Analysts and/or Sr. Research Analysts.
- Collaborates with senior team members to develop and manage project budgets and timelines
- Works directly with external clients and internal teams to lead project-related objectives and tasks
- Develops research plans and survey questionnaires according to study objectives
- Manages analysts on both custom and syndicated research studies through project planning and execution, including providing guidance on research methods, data analysis and interpretation, and report writing
- Supports both custom and syndicated research projects and contributes to management of the syndicated consumer program through providing guidance to analysts and creating timelines
- Leads comprehensive custom and syndicated reports illustrating trends through clear, concise and insightful editorial, a logical and coherent story and a streamlined executive summary of themes and implications
- Analyzes a wide breadth of primary and secondary data to understand trends and opportunities around key research topics
- Presents industry data and project-specific information to both internal project stakeholders and external clients
- Collaborates on select client proposal development, including research design, project scope definition, analytical approach, timeline and budget development, and staffing plans
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience in market research industry, specifically within consulting, consumer research, or other similar services firms
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business, social science, market research, or related field is strongly preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Extensive experience in SPSS or similar analytical platforms
- Strong understanding of and experience with quantitative research methodologies is required
- Strong understanding of and experience with qualitative research is strongly preferred, particularly stakeholder interviews and focus groups
- Excellent written communication skills are required; applicants must be able to write, concise, cohesive stories based on data collected with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to present study findings in small and large group settings, both internally and externally
- Experience working in market research and/or the foodservice industry (for either a food/beverage supplier, chain restaurant (corporate position) or research firm) a strong plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects in fast-paced environment while staying within budget.
- Experience leading a team and/or project with forward thinking.
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.