Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the foodservice industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
As a key member of the grocery editorial team, the primary duties of the newly created Content Manager role includes creating, conceptualizing, improving and maintaining content for all brand platforms (print, digital and events) with a goal of positioning Winsight Grocery Business (WGB) to become the premier brand in the B2B trade media space.
Other key responsibilities will include assisting in the planning, development and execution of editorial plans for publications, special projects and events; collaborating with grocery team and fellow digital/web, design, production and marketing staff members; and fostering and developing strong relationships with retailers in designated beat to yield WGB exclusives that demonstrate entrenched industry insights.
- Cover assigned class-of-trade and/or geographic beat to produce retailer-focused news stories for daily eNL and monthly print magazine with an emphasis on original reporting and enterprise stories/packages.
- Manage digital content calendars for category-specific eNLs, including ownership of one category/subject-focused newsletter monthly.
- Write/edit/post articles to content management system.
- Manage/execute digital slideshows and other related website multimedia projects
- Nurture existing industry relationships to secure exclusive content.
- Attend/cover key industry trade shows as assigned
- Speaking at events
- Moderating webcasts, roundtables and other interactive projects.
- Assist managing monthly freelance budget
- Organizing content, aiding in design and developing story ideas and editorial lineups.
- Supervise staff writers as needed, along with constructive feedback
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 10 years of experience as B2B retail food industry writer/reporter.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field.
- Strong writing and editing skills for both long- and short-formats.
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Strong understanding of professional publishing business, developed through at least several years of experience in the industry
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), SEO and social media platforms.
- Possess a sense of urgency and healthy competition for first-to-market reporting; strong news judgment; polished editing skills; and desire to develop/hone bench talent.
- Positive attitude, collaborative spirit and demonstrated commitment to brand’s voice and mission.
- Outstanding communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Willingness to step up for additional duties as needed.
- Demonstrated creative mindset, enthusiasm for online media, and an understanding of grocery business leaders’ issues and information needs.
- Experience in recruiting and managing contributors/freelancers
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to meet strict deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.