Coordinator, Event Operations
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Event Operations & Services, the Coordinator will be responsible for the management of all exhibitors for the National Restaurant Association Show, which is the largest annual gathering of foodservice professionals in the Western Hemisphere. The Coordinator will be an integral part of our Show Planning Team and ideally be detail-oriented, excel at multi-tasking, provide excellent customer service, and be a quick learner of computer-based programs. This individual should demonstrate a commitment to accuracy and thrive in a team environment.
Event Preparation & Execution:
- Manages all updates, changes, and configurations to the exhibitor floor plan and participates in the floor plan review
- Tracks exhibitor priority points, including the history of the National Restaurant Association Show, and organizes exhibitor space selection criteria
- Assists with the production and maintenance of onsite exhibitor planning information
- Coordinates onsite exhibitor space selection communications
- Correlates invitations and database management for specialty booth programs
- Collaborates with Manager, Event Operations & Services on meeting room requests and special events
- Travels to the National Restaurant Association Show as a vital onsite team member to assist with logistics and exhibitor support.
- Responds to exhibitor inquiries via phone and email while providing positive customer experiences to the exhibitors and internal customers.
- Processes exhibitor payments by generating and dispersing invoices/statements and assisting with collections when applicable
- Manages and serves as the primary administrator of the exhibitor database
- Creates and sends exhibitor confirmation documents
- Executes all current exhibitor related communications
- Generates and analyzes exhibitor reports while fulfilling internal and external requests for exhibitor information
- Tracks and processes exhibit cancellations while organizing data trends to provide information/feedback to the sales team
- Processes specialty requests for Restaurant Show (i.e., f&b sampling forms, export interest, etc.)
- Be a productive member of the Winsight Exhibitions team, working to accomplish departmental and team goals
- Support internal team members and departments following the mission and values while promoting Winsight culture
- Assists department managers with special projects as needed
- Enthusiastically take on additional relevant tasks to ensure the success of the National Restaurant Association Show
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A college degree in a business-related field is required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a trade show environment preferred or relevant internship experience
- Strong writing, reading, and math skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint applications)
- Ability to learn other computer software programs and enter and maintain accurate data/information
- Basic trade show knowledge
- Basic knowledge of office equipment such as scanner and telephone
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of work records
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of the Winsight Exhibitions Team and to work independently
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- General understanding of the restaurant industry/business environment
- Must be able to maintain good rapport with all departments
- Must be able to cope with a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Must be able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the business
- Ability to accept changes and be flexible
- Be on time and with a minimal amount of absence
- Must be able to act with honor, character, and integrity
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.