Data Entry Assistant
Remote - Illinois or Arizona
30+ days ago | Requisition ID: 1117
For 50 years, Technomic has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join our Data Management team as a part-time Data Entry Assistant. This is a work from home position, with the ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, nights, and weekends. We are looking for candidates residing in the state of Illinois or Arizona.
Job responsibilities include menu data entry (activating and deactivating items based on the menu collected by our internal collection team) and food classification (learning Technomic’s classification library in order to properly classify food and retail items).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Provide your own PC and internet connectivity in a private, secure environment
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Expertise using the internet as a research tool
- Professional, ambitious, adaptable and hard-working: attention to detail a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with AP writing style proficiency
- Excellent telephone and customer-service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word: knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Proficiency with Google Suite: knowledge of Google Sheets preferred
- Strong understanding of food, beverage & restaurant industry: especially classifications and types
- Experience and/or an interest in the foodservice industry a plus
- Data entry
Our part-time employees play an important role in our business function, thus we are seeking only those candidates with an interest in working hard, while gaining valuable business experience and knowledge. Qualified candidates will have a strong interest in data entry and research with an organization dedicated to service excellence.
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.