30+ days ago | Requisition ID: 1037
Technomic provides foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments.
We are searching for an ambitious, career-oriented Data Scientist to join our Research & Insights team out of our Chicago office!
This data scientist will support Technomic’s predictive & advanced analytics initiatives that span across our consumer, menu and industry solutions. This individual will utilize a wide variety of predictive modeling & machine learning techniques, our wealth of historical data and tools like R, Alteryx, etc. to provide data driven insights. The successful candidate will be a data scientist with exceptional analytical, problem solving, and research skills and will be nimble to adopt use of new tools and techniques. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be vital, as collaboration with cross-functional teams is key to the role's success.
- Leverages analytical skill set to access data from multiple data sources for ad hoc analysis, data visualizations and predictive modeling
- Research and utilize a variety of machine learning models and predictive methods to help deliver meaningful insight
- Independently develop code in R/Shinyapps to support predictive & prescriptive modeling
- Develop analytic web applications and simulators using R and other dashboard tools
- Develop and maintain analytic work flows in Alteryx to support predictive modeling and advanced analytics
- Understand existing code to support ongoing analytic applications
- Write robust code to clean, organize, and investigate messy data
- Update, maintain and document existing predictive models and/or R Shiny apps
- Collaborate with Research & Insights, Product Development, IT and other teams to conceptualize and implement analytic products from start to finish
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1-2 years of related professional experience
- Expert level programming in R/Shinyapps
- Prior experience creating predictive models in Alteryx a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, power pivots, v-lookup)
- Web development experience a plus
- Experience working with large databases a plus
- Experience working with transactional data a plus
- Must have attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and tools with minimal guidance
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or a quantitative discipline required
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident authorized to work without sponsorship
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.