25 days ago | Requisition ID: 1151
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
We are currently seeking an ambitious, career-oriented individual to join our Research & Insights team as a Data Scientist.
- Leverages analytical skill set to access data from multiple data sources for ad hoc analysis, data visualizations and machine learning initiatives.
- Applies statistical analysis including turf, regressions, perceptual mapping, cluster analysis on survey and transaction data.
- Independently develop code in R (including R Shiny apps) and SPSS to support advanced analysis.
- Develops analytic web applications and simulators utilizing data science algorithms.
- Design and code highly scalable machine learning applications processing large volume of data.
- Understand existing code to support ongoing analytic applications.
- Collaborate with Research & Insights, Product Development, IT and other teams to conceptualize and implement analytic products from start to finish.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or quantitative discipline plus 2 years of related professional experience OR Master’s degree and 0-2 years of related professional experience
- Expert level programming in R/Shinyapps
- Must have attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and tools with minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge of Python, SPSS, SQL programming a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure, Synapse Analytics, Alteryx, Dashboarding tools a plus.
- Web development experience a plus
- Experience working with large databases a plus.
- Experience working with transactional data a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Effective time manager: Able to multi-task across multiple projects. Able to prioritize work and manage time to complete work on time and within project budget.
- Detail oriented: Consistently delivers quality, error-free work with close attention to details.
- Action oriented, takes initiative: Always looking forward and identifying the next step, including identifying specific barriers and action plans needed to overcome them. Takes responsibility to drive projects forward.
- Strategic thinker: Understands market research and how to use research methods and analysis to deliver actionable findings for clients.
- Intellectual curiosity: Approaches business questions with curiosity to build insights and ultimately solve the problem.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and collaborate productively with other team members and clients, especially when working with challenges.
- Positive, confident: Conveys and maintains a positive attitude in the workplace and inspires confidence in direct reports.
- Influential and Persuasive Leader: Has influence and gives confidence to colleagues, inspiring confidence in the recommendations brought forward. Viewed as expert on strategic use of research, able to lead, use good judgment and influence internally and externally.
- Communicate effectively: demonstrate ability to effectively express ideas and opinions in written and oral formats including in-person presentations.
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.