Data Scientist II
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
Technomic is a leading research and consulting firm serving the food and associated industries from our downtown Chicago headquarters. We are currently seeking an ambitious, career-oriented, and experienced individual to join our team as a Data Scientist II.
- Leverages analytical skill set to access data from multiple data sources for ad hoc analysis, data visualizations and machine learning initiatives.
- Applies statistical analysis including turf, regressions, perceptual mapping, elasticity modeling, cluster analysis on survey and transaction data.
- Independently develop code in R (including R Shiny apps), SPSS, SQL to support advanced analytics projects.
- Develop analytic web applications and simulators utilizing data science algorithms.
- Design and code highly scalable machine learning applications processing large volume of data.
- Understand existing code to support ongoing analytic applications including data refreshes, model calibrations etc.
- Support innovation efforts by developing prototype applications including validating data and models
- Collaborate with Research & Insights, Product Development, IT and other teams to conceptualize and implement analytic products from start to finish.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or quantitative discipline plus 2 years of related professional experience OR Master’s degree and 0-2 years of related professional experience
- Expert level programming in R/Shinyapps
- Must have attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and tools with minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge of Python, SPSS, SQL programming a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics, PowerBI, other visualization tools a plus.
- Knowledge of R APIs, Docker etc. a plus
- Experience working with large databases a plus.
- Experience working with transactional data a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.