Only Technomic delivers a 360 view of the food industry. We drive growth and profitability for our clients by providing the most reliable, consumer-grounded, channel-relevant data, with forward-looking, strategic insights. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
Technomic provides foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments.
We are searching for an experienced Database Developer to join our Digital Production team out of our Chicago office!
This individual will have strong SQL skills to augment our Ignite software development team. Ignite is a leading food research platform, allowing chain restaurants to research competitors, menu trends, brand intel, and more. This team member will facilitate loading external data sources to SQL, assist the software team by writing queries and stored procedures, and support the product management team with ad-hoc queries and data exports. As we collect new data sources, this member will also be involved in structuring data and designing import processes.
- Support software team by writing queries, stored procedures, views, functions
- Provide proof-of-concept queries in design phase of projects
- Import data from external sources to SQL Server
- Export data to Microsoft Office or other formats as needed by the project management team
- Support QA and business teams with ad-hoc queries
- Work with the software team to design import processes from web, file, other sources
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- SQL Server (hosted in Azure)
- Proficient in writing stored procedures, views, functions
- Able to model new data structures
- Experience importing/exporting data from Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with business intelligence / data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.