Digital Audience Manager
30+ days ago | Requisition ID:
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
The Digital Audience Manager will lead the development of Technomic’s industry leading B2B research panel and support related marketing and audience recruitment initiatives at the firm. The successful candidate will have experience developing digital audience platforms and audience engagement strategies. Their primary responsibilities will be growing the research audience, ensuring audience quality, engaging the audience to support panel member retention, managing the rewards redemption process and recruitment of panelists for research interviews.
The Digital Audience Manager must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with a diverse team across Technomic & Winsight Media. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to build partnerships with strategic organizations, be a strong communicator (written and oral skills); have strong analytical and critical thinking skills; be an excellent organizer and problem-solver; and have the ability to adapt to reassess and evolve the audience development strategy.
Primary responsibilities include:
- The primary goal of this role is to grow and retain the research audience for our Industry Influencer panel
- Work with media, events and research/advisory partners to refine and optimize audience acquisition strategies for Technomic’s foodservice decision-maker panel
- Design and lead panel member engagement campaigns
- Confirm panel member eligibility
- Monitor member quality and update membership status based on member quality scores
- Manage rewards redemption process for each project
- Communicate audience campaign objectives, outcomes and deliverables to research and advisory partners
- Work closely with the various cross-functional team to produce digital content to keep respondents engaged on the panel
- Recruit panelists to complete qualitative and quantitative research
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Support Technomic’s marketing team’s digital audience strategy
- Support product and custom research marketing
- Contribute to meetings, events, conferences and trade shows by establishing contacts and coordinating mailing lists to support operator recruitment
- Work in Technomic’s CRM database to support product communications and promotions
- Support lead generation campaigns and internal marketing automation initiatives
- Edit digital content to ensure alignment with brand standards and best practices
- Understand and support organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as well as paid SEM campaigns
- Assist in multimedia production, formulating social media strategies and other marketing related content
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of research panel operations, the importance of respondent quality and have experience with implementing strategies for enhancing panel data quality, as well as digital audience engagement and marketing skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Professional maturity: Exhibit qualities that demonstrate professionalism and the desire to excel within the position.
- Effective time manager: Able to prioritize work and manage time to complete work on time and within budgeted days/hours. Can juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Proactive: Escalates problems with potential solutions to supervisor/project managers/study leaders. Provides advanced notice if challenges will prevent tasks from being completed in a timely manner or if scheduling conflicts occur.
- Detail orientated: Has extreme attention to detail and adherence to quality control process and consistently delivers quality, error-free work
- Initiative: Takes responsibility to create proactive audience solutions for the panel. Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow. Can work independently with general direction and supervision. Does not hesitate to ask questions.
- Growth mindset: Approaches new challenges with vigor and sees them as a chance to increase industry knowledge and develop expertise. Is excited by the chance to work with new topics, team members, and departments.
- Intellectual curiosity: Possesses a natural inquisitiveness and approaches business questions with curiosity to build insights and ultimately solve the problem.
- Research aptitude: Has good working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and collaborate productively with other team members and clients.
- Communicate effectively: Demonstrate ability to effectively express ideas and opinions. Can communicate across all levels of the Technomic and Winsight organization. Comfortable providing support on client-facing interactions – conference calls, webinars, etc.
- Strategic thinker: Shows aptitude to think strategically and problem solve to solve challenges with the audience. Ultimately being able to use audience lead generation and engagement tools to grow and retain panel members.
- Fascination with the food industry: Is excited by this ever-changing industry and looks to apply their current industry knowledge and grow the panel in directions that meet market demand.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, social sciences or commensurate experience;
- 2-5 years prior relevant work experience
- Experience with research panel development and/or creating audience and lead generation
- Understanding of privacy regulations and best-practices around email marketing and lead generation, with the ability to incorporate research ethical guidelines into outreach
- A deep understanding of CRM and marketing automation tools
- Demonstrated experience managing email and marketing automation campaigns
- Experience with Marketo preferred, but any marketing automation is a plus
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.