Digital Marketing Manager - Subscriptions
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
Working for an industry-leading B2B publisher whose products span print, digital, and events, the Digital Marketing Manager - Subscription Growth will use marketing multi-channels to drive brand awareness, brand engagement, subscriber acquisitions and subscriber re-activation across our portfolio.
The ideal candidate will increase revenue, readership levels and subscription sales by developing and overseeing a subscription marketing strategy, as well as creating and monitoring brand level budgets and forecasts.
The Digital Subscriptions Manager’s primary role is to work with internal cross-functional stakeholders to drive implementation of the subscription management platform built upon Stripe, and associated business architecture and data flows. They will be responsible for the overall ownership and governance of the tools.
Utilizing market & customer/audience data intelligence, this strategic role will work on annual plans. This person will be customer-centric, big on customer data and analytics, a guardian of their brands and be able to influence innovation and change as well as encourage collaborations across the business to drive subscriptions & retention.
The right candidate will be focused on managing and optimizing the subscription product and campaigns in order to hit revenue goals, as well as maintaining performance marketing tactics.
- Create & implement multi-channel campaigns alongside each brand’s editorial and event calendars to reach, engage and convert readers into subscribers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to improve user journeys and ensure good user experiences.
- Convert users to subscribers, with revenue targets in mind.
Digital Subscription Management
- Oversee subscriber account management, with an eye on retention/churn mitigation.
- Work closely with stakeholders to drive prioritization of feature requests and initiatives in subscription management platform, integrated systems and reporting tools.
- Work independently as needed to resolve issues within the platform and advise users on standards and best practices.
Research, Reporting & Analysis
- Compile and distribute weekly and monthly forecasts and reporting of all marketing initiatives and their KPI’s, taking into account ROI and reporting against financial and data targets.
- Carry out research to identify, analyze and define performance drivers.
- Stay on top of industry developments and drive new initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- At least 2-3 years’ experience with growth marketing and digital subscription products, ideally within publishing/media for B2B.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, publishing or related field.
- Knowledge of integrated marketing techniques
- Hands-on experience managing marketing campaigns with a proven track record of delivering outstanding performance against revenue targets.
- A passion for customer insights and data, with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- A team player with the ability to multi-task. Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders to translate business requirements and identify solution options.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to connect with people at all levels of management across the organization.
- Experience with Stripe strongly preferred
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.