Director, Business Development
The Technomic division of Informa Connect is seeking a dynamic, qualified Business Development Director to join our firm. We offer the opportunity to work with senior executives in driving their company’s growth and profitability.
Our company is looking for a talented and experienced Director, Business Development. We need a self-motivated individual with proven experience and an outstanding track record in developing new business for subscription services. In this position, you will be responsible for demonstrating and selling our Ignite platform(our leading SaaS platform for the foodservice industry).
The ideal candidate will have a track record of exceeding sales targets and strong prospecting and closing skills. Candidates must be extremely comfortable prospecting and developing sales via the telephone. Limited travel to conference and clients will be required.
Responsibilities include supporting the development of sales plans, prospecting and cultivating new business relationships with potential clients, articulating the capabilities of Technomic products and projects, providing management team with progress reporting, and representing the company at client meetings, presentations, and industry events. Candidate must also act as a client focused liaison to our consulting associates to ensure that projects are completed to clients’ specifications and timelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 7-10 years sales experience
- Understanding and experience in the foodservice and retail sectors is a plus
- Superior new business and prospecting skills a must.
- Experience in selling SAAS products
- Must have a courteous and professional phone manner and exceptional conversational skills
- Proven track record of developing leads with timely deal closings
- Highly professional and a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision both independently and as a team with other sales professionals and consultants
- Highly professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Utilizes CRM for all conversations, opportunities, and metrics
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.