Chicago, IL, US
13 days ago | Requisition ID: 1051
Winsight is a leading media company that provides actionable information and market intelligence to business leaders and suppliers in four of the fastest growing industries – convenience retailing, restaurants, grocery and noncommercial foodservice. Our culture is one of growth, freedom and responsibility. We offer excellent benefits, smart, dynamic coworkers and a positive, results-oriented environment.
Winsight is seeking an experienced Editor to join its fast-paced, award-winning content team covering the foodservice and the general convenience-retailing industry.
This person will be writing everything from daily digital news stories to full-length, in-depth print stories, while also actively participating in content development for Winsight’s events and research departments. This role requires both an entrepreneurial spirit—chasing stories, developing sources and brainstorming new business opportunities—and a strong team spirit, working closely with the rest of the content team to bring our readers the best content to build better businesses.
Story Curating, Reporting and Writing:
- Develop and write stories daily for our CSP Daily News website and e-newsletters
- Develop and write stories monthly for CSP magazine
- Cultivate sources for stories
- Brainstorm story ideas with edit team
- Take part in industry related podcasts and webinars
- Master a knowledge of the convenience-retailing industry
- Attend industry events representing CSP for story leads/writing and as an expert
- Help explore other opportunities for driving growth in our digital media strategies
- Brainstorm ideas for content (speakers, session topics) for Winsight’s conferences and events
- Potentially take on speaking opportunities
- Seek, with rest of the content team, research opportunities for Winsight to develop and excute
- Write reports based on proprietary Winsight research
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or related fields
- 3 years reporting experience, preferably B2B
- News collection and writing experience
- Interviewing and public-speaking experience
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team
- Experience providing category and industry analysis
- Ability to managed multiple projects
- Adherence to deadlines – but knowing when something’s worth updating at the very last minute
- Convenience-store industry knowledge base preferred
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.