22 days ago | Requisition ID: 1115
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
We are looking for an editor to join our Winsight Grocery Business content team in Chicago! This individual will create daily content online, as well as longer-form features that will serve dual purposes: for print as well as larger online packages. This person should feel comfortable fulfilling other content types such as video, podcast, social (FB Live, etc.) and event work.
- Creating daily news content for WGB.com to longer-form packages for online and print
- Turning breaking-news copy quickly, as well as digging into a specific topic for in-depth reporting or analysis
- Participating in regular meetings with the Winsight Grocery Business editors to brainstorm story ideas and innovative new content packages
- Being a resource for the custom-content team to help ideate topic ideas on behalf of our customers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong, efficient and deadline-driven writer
- Knowledge of the grocery industry and trade/business press is preferred
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, who is ready, willing and able to pursue the bigger, more in-depth news story
- A strong sense of team and the ability to ideate and brainstorm innovative content with teammates
- Experience with a fast-paced news cycle is preferred
- A working understanding of digital production processes
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.