16 days ago | Requisition ID: 1120
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
We are seeking an experienced Editor to join our fast-paced, award-winning convenience-retailing (CSP) content team. This person will be writing everything from daily digital news stories to full-length, in-depth print stories, while also actively participating in content development for Winsight’s events and research departments.
Other assignments include leading podcast recordings, moderating webinars and public-speaking roles. This role requires both an entrepreneurial spirit—chasing stories, developing sources and brainstorming new business opportunities—and a strong team spirit, working closely with the rest of the content team to bring our readers the best content to build better businesses.
Story Curation, Reporting and Writing
- Develop and write stories daily for our CSP Daily News website and e-newsletters
- Develop and write stories monthly for CSP magazine
- Cultivate sources for stories
- Brainstorm story ideas with edit team
- Take part in industry related podcasts and webinars
- Master a knowledge of the convenience-retailing industry
- Attend industry events representing CSP for story leads/writing and as an expert
- Help explore other opportunities for driving growth in our digital media strategies
- Brainstorm ideas for content (speakers, session topics) for Winsight’s conferences and events
- Potentially take on speaking opportunities
- Seek, with rest of the content team, research opportunities for Winsight to develop and excute
- Write reports based on proprietary Winsight research
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or related fields
- 3 years reporting experience, preferably B2B
- News collection and writing experience
- Interviewing and public-speaking experience
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team
- Experience providing category and industry analysis
- Ability to managed multiple projects
- Adherence to deadlines – but knowing when something’s worth updating at the very last minute
- Convenience-store industry knowledge base preferred
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.