Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
The Editor at Winsight Grocery Business will work with the Editor-in-Chief and the rest of the team to report and write stories that educate, inform and inspire our grocery industry readers. The Editor will work to brainstorm, report, write and edit breaking news as well as feature-length content on a team of talented industry journalists. The Editor will be expected to develop industry sources to help WGB deepen its coverage.
The Editor should feel comfortable contributing to the group, working daily to keep tabs on assigned beats to develop pieces to go in WGB newsletters, as well as planning in-depth story packages and trend-driven pieces that give greater context to our readers.
The Editor will also work with WGB’s web production team, as well as audio producers, designers and other editors across the content team (and, occasionally, Winsight’s other industry publications) to project manage and edit special projects.
- Closely follow assigned beats to produce daily contributions to the Winsight Grocery Business site and newsletter
- Write and report longer-form features, trend pieces and in-depth industry analysis
- Assist with editing the work of other writers
- Semi-regular (multiple times per year) travel to industry events
- Share articles and engage with industry players on social media, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn
- Develop and grow a network of sources in the grocery industry
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The Winsight Grocery Business Editor must be:
- Able to produce copy quickly and cleanly
- Comfortable covering multiple beats and understanding broad industry trends
- Willing and able to cover financial news such as earnings calls, IPOs, mergers, etc.
- Adept at multi-tasking
- Enthusiastic about picking up the phone or going down a Google rabbit hole to track down sources
- A skilled researcher
- Well-versed in AP style and copy-editing
- Experienced in B2B and trade publications
- Available for semi-regular travel
- Constantly curious and enjoy learning new things
Knowledge of the grocery industry is a plus, but not a requirement.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.