The Winsight division of Informa Connect is seeking an enterprising business reporter to join the CSP team and learn the convenience-store trade of retail and become an expert in related beats, including but not limited to Fuels, Tobacco and Technology.
The Editor at CSP will work with the Editor-in-Chief and the rest of the editorial team to report and write stories that educate, inform and inspire convenience industry readers, meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. The Editor will work to brainstorm, report, write and edit breaking news, as well as feature-length content on a team of talented industry journalists. The Editor will be expected to develop industry sources to help CSP deepen its coverage.
The Editor should feel comfortable contributing to the group, working daily to keep tabs on assigned beats to develop pieces to go in CSP newsletters, as well as planning in-depth story packages and trend-driven pieces for print and larger digital packages, providing context and direction to our readers.
The Editor will also represent CSP at in-person conferences and events, and work with CSP’s web production team, audio producers, designers and other editors to project manage and edit special projects.
- Learn the key players and challenges of the convenience-store industry.
- Closely follow assigned beats to produce daily contributions to the CSP Daily News site and newsletters.
- Write and report longer-form features, trend pieces and in-depth industry analysis for print and digital.
- Assist with editing the work of other writers, as necessary.
- Semi-regular (multiple times per year) travel to industry events as a representative of CSP.
- Share articles and engage with industry players on social media, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Develop and grow a network of sources in the convenience industry
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
A CSP Editor must be:
- Able to produce copy quickly and cleanly
- Able to work well with others on team projects
- Comfortable covering multiple beats and understanding broad industry trends
- Willing and able to cover financial news such as earnings calls, IPOs, mergers, etc.
- Adept at multi-tasking
- Enthusiastic about picking up the phone or going down a Google rabbit hole to track down sources
- A skilled researcher
- Well-versed in AP style and copy-editing
- Experienced in B2B and trade publications
- Available for semi-regular travel
- Constantly curious and enjoy learning new things
- Knowledge of the convenience industry is a plus, but not a requirement.
Why work at Informa?
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.