Enterprise Sales Representative - Grocery
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
Winsight is a leading media company that provides actionable information and market intelligence to business leaders and suppliers in four of the fastest growing industries – convenience retailing, restaurants, grocery and noncommercial foodservice. Our culture is one of growth, freedom and responsibility. We offer excellent benefits, smart, dynamic coworkers and a positive, results-oriented environment.
We provide customers and audiences access to the most credible source of industry market intelligence. Our platforms include leading digital assets, world class events and strategic insights. Our sales team partners with customers to determine the most appropriate vehicles for delivering marketing messages and increasing brand awareness.
We are looking for an experienced VP Enterprise Salesperson for our Media & Events sales team with focus on Grocery business. Enterprise sales must have a proven record of engaging in a consultative sales approach and have expertise within the grocery and convenience industries. They will need to be an expert in all Winsight product offerings as well as a deep understanding of the segment we serve. This individual must be a high energy, self-motivator and able to thrive in a challenging market.
- Drive sales across an integrated platform that offers solutions to our customers.
- Execute in all phases of selling digital, events, custom and research.
- Build long lasting relationships with clients by offering exceptional customer focus and developing a full understanding of client’s business needs and objectives.
- Develop and implement territory strategy
- Continually deepen knowledge and understanding of segment we serve,
- Proactively manage projects and client deliverables to provide exceptional customer service.
- Collaborate across teams to share industry knowledge, generate new and creative ideas.
- Leverage established relationships to aggressively pursue new business.
- Consistently forecast performance as required within a narrow margin of error.
- Maintain an aggressive sales pipeline with accurate reporting in CRM.
- Effectively manage sales pipeline and sales administration tasks as necessary.
- Travel as needed to meet with clients and attend trade shows and other industry events as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 10 years of sales experience required. Experience with grocery and convenience industries strongly preferred.
- Successful track record in achieving or exceeding sales goals utilizing a consultative approach in a competitive environment to sell solutions.
- Proven success in both growing existing account relationships by upselling additional services as well as developing new business.
- Proven success in managing complex sales cycle – including identifying buyers with greatest opportunity, managing a pipeline, pre-call planning, presentation, negotiation, post-sale efforts, forecasting and ongoing account management.
- Proficient in technology, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, salesforce, Media Radar, and marketing automation technology.
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Highly organized and efficient. Consistently completes tasks, meets deadlines and proactive in approach with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Must be a responsible and motivated self-starter who is a creative and solutions-oriented sales professional with the ability to consistently close business.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.