Event Marketing Manager
30+ days ago | Requisition ID:
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows. relationships.
At Winsight, we are dedicated to remaining #1 in conference events. As events return with great demand, we are in need of a strong leader to lead our marketing efforts for our conferences/events group. Working across various markets in foodservice, including commercial, noncommercial, and retail, the Event Marketing Manager is responsible for sales-enablement campaigns and support, general promotions, on-site marketing, and other event-related projects. This person must develop a keen understanding of each brand and audience, have unparalleled organizational skills, and be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
This team is ready to grow! An experienced manager is a plus; this role is a team lead and will have a direct report to mentor and share responsibilities. Good interpersonal and communication skills are critical, as this person will be collaborating and working with other internal teams and individuals with various focuses, including design, digital, sales, operations, and key stakeholders.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Lead new and existing event campaigns in all things marketing (develop timelines, update status reports, communicating timing with various internal teams, etc.).
- Develop campaigns to support sales efforts. This includes creating sales tools and working with the Digital Marketing Strategist to develop sales-enablement campaigns inclusive of email, social media, and other tactics.
- Work closely with art directors to create yearly event branding and concepts, ads, and various digital assets.
- Provide performance reports and analytics to determine campaign and event success, and use these metrics to support new strategies and ideas.
- Maintain a budget set forth by the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Manage digital tools such as websites and the event app.
- Collaborate and work closely with brand leaders and other departments such as sales, content, operations, and sponsor relations.
- Execute additional marketing efforts as directed by Senior Marketing Director.
- This position requires travel, approximately 6-8 trips per year.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 4+ years’ experience in corporate conference/event marketing, planning, or related field preferred.
- Experience managing direct reports highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field.
- Exceptional writing ability.
- Proactive individual with exceptional organizational and communication skills, a killer attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple high-visibility projects at the same time.
- Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work; must have a positive and solution-driven attitude.
- Enjoy working independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Being able to make quick decisions without supervision to ensure a successful program for all participants and stakeholders. You will be the lead marketer in many instances and thus must take a leadership role.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.