30+ days ago | Requisition ID: 1154
At Winsight, we lead by educating, inspiring and connecting the industries that feed the world. We do this through unparalleled industry events, actionable research and insightful media. We offer excellent benefits, inspiring coworkers and a flexible, people-focused, results-oriented environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Associate to round out our team of energetic and passionate HR professionals. Winsight has a flexible, hybrid approach to work location – where beginning this fall, our staff will work remotely 3 days/week and work on-site in our downtown Chicago office 2 days/week.
Reporting to Winsight’s EVP, Talent & Culture the HR Associate will be responsible for providing hands-on support and expertise on a variety of HR functions, while also focusing on long-term strategies and initiatives that align with the company’s goals and objectives.
In this role, the HR Associate will partner with the HR team to provide support in the key areas of recruitment, onboarding, training and development and employee engagement initiatives. The ideal candidate will use his/her expertise, creativity and passion to source, select and onboard best-in-class talent. This will include managing all aspect of the recruiting process, including candidate sourcing, assessment, interviewing, conducting reference checks, extending offers and negotiating compensation.
In addition, the Associate will manage the implementation and execution of onboarding plans and programs for new hires throughout the organization. This will include scheduling, coordination and project management to ensure effective delivery of training, development and onboarding program plans.
The HR Associate will also provide support in ideation and management of executing employee engagement initiatives including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs, Winsight’s mission and values initiative and both formal and informal training and development programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and execute full cycle recruiting plans for intern, part-time and full-time positions
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media, events and internet sites (LinkedIn groups, etc.); provide organizational information, opportunities and benefits; make presentations and develop/maintain relationship to ensure consistent and high-quality applicant flow
- Coordinate communication with and manage the process in conjunction with hiring managers; partner with business leaders on recruitment strategy, helping hiring managers find the right talent, at the right time, for the right role (within budget)
- Assess applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements; provide hiring recommendations to EVP, Talent & Culture
- Continuously improve recruiting effectiveness by identifying and implementing strategies that align with the organization’s core culture and capabilities
- Initiate and process changes in our HRIS and internal systems related to new hires, terminations, open enrollment and qualifying events.
- Manage execution of onboarding programs for new employees; coordinate with operations and IT for equipment and workstation set-up, schedule introductions and training sessions with team members, clients and functional departments; communicate goals and expectations to internal team members, managers and executive team.
- Act as company cheerleader and culture champion; nurture a positive working environment
- Other projects and responsibilities related to employee engagement and training and development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, business, communications or related field
- 3-5 years progressive HR generalist experience in a media or agency environment; prior experience recruiting for media and market research industries ideal
- Outstanding track record at building relationships and partnering at all levels within an organization (from intern to C level)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; high energy, engaging and passionate personality
- Self-motivated, independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive and adaptable when working with various teams and internal stakeholders.
- Strong technical aptitude and expertise with HRIS systems, data and solutions
- Able to balance critical decision making, diplomacy and good humor
- Able to adapt and embrace rapidly changing priorities
- A thirst for current industry trends, best practices in talent acquisition and onboarding, and forward-thinking, innovative vision
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.