Chicago, IL, US
13 days ago | Requisition ID: 1042
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows. Our culture is one of growth, freedom and responsibility. We offer excellent benefits, smart coworkers and a positive, results-oriented environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Manager to join our team of energetic and passionate HR professionals. This position will be based in our downtown Chicago office, located across from Union Station. Reporting to Winsight’s EVP, Talent & Culture the HR Manager will be responsible for providing hands-on leadership and support on a variety of HR functions, while also focusing on long-term strategies and initiatives that align with the company’s goals and objectives.
In this role, the HR Manager will partner with the HR team on talent recruitment, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations and training and development. With respect to recruiting, the ideal candidate will utilize his/her expertise, creativity and passion to source, select and onboard best-in-class talent. This will include managing all aspects of the recruiting process, including candidate sourcing, assessment, interviewing, conducting reference checks, extending offers and negotiating compensation.
The HR Manager will be responsible for administration of employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, short-term disability, long-term disability and FSA. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with benefits management, specifically with managing open enrollment, navigating carrier connections, and working with our benefit carriers and broker. Lastly, the HR Manager will be tasked with providing excellent customer service to all employees regarding benefit matters.
In addition, the HR Manager will partner with the HR Associate to oversee the implementation and execution of onboarding plans and programs for new hires throughout the organization. This will include scheduling, coordination and project management to ensure effective delivery of training, development and onboarding program plans.
- Manage and execute full-cycle recruiting plans for intern, part-time and full-time positions
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media, events and internet sites (LinkedIn groups, etc.); provide organizational information, opportunities and benefits; make presentations and develop/maintain relationship to ensure consistent and high-quality applicant flow
- Coordinate communication with and manage the process in conjunction with hiring managers; partner with business leaders on recruitment strategy, helping hiring managers find the right talent, at the right time, for the right role.
- Assess applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements; provide hiring recommendations to EVP, Talent & Culture
- Continuously improve recruiting effectiveness by identifying and implementing strategies that align with the organization’s core culture and capabilities
- Maintain employee benefit programs; assist with the annual open enrollment process; manage new hire enrollment, application and claims records for all benefit plans; initiate and process changes related to new hires, terminations, open enrollment and qualifying events.
- Field and respond to benefit inquiries to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution. Maintains contact via phone and email with insurance brokers and carriers to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees
- Assist with performance management initiatives across the organization; conduct ongoing performance audits through talent reviews and quarterly check-ins with managers; provide guidance to managers on challenging performance management situations, coaching them to hold employees accountable for performance standards.
- Partner with the EVP, Talent & Culture to create and execute a series of employee-focused training and development opportunities; ideate, schedule and deliver content through lunch and learns, cross-department knowledge sharing opportunities and skills-focused training sessions
- Act as company cheerleader and culture champion; promote a positive working environment
- Other projects and responsibilities related to ongoing employee engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, business, communications or related field
- 5-8 years progressive HR generalist experience; prior experience recruiting for media, events, market research, advisory services and trade show industries ideal
- Outstanding track record at building relationships and partnering at all levels within an organization (from intern to C level)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; high energy, engaging and passionate personality
- Self-motivated, independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive and adaptable when working with various teams and internal stakeholders.
- Strong technical aptitude and expertise with HRIS systems, data and solutions
- Able to balance critical decision making, diplomacy and good humor
- Able to adapt and embrace rapidly changing priorities
- A thirst for current industry trends, best practices in talent acquisition and onboarding, and forward-thinking, innovative vision
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.