Inside Sales Manager
14 days ago | Requisition ID: 1080
Technomic provides foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our Technomic team out of our Chicago office!
This person would manager junior sales members on our team and grow the team in 2020. We are looking to move into more metrics-driven sales (call and email volume, opportunities created, time spend to close opportunities, etc.) and are looking for this individual to assist with managing a team to those metrics. This individual will need to have a command of our products and services, and will likely have their own revenue target, but the majority of the time would be spent on support, training and management of the inside sales team (80/20 split between management/sales). It’ll be important that this person have previous inside sales management, as well as proven experience managing and selling a portfolio with multiple products.
- Manage the business development manager team
- Set and track sales targets for your team
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process
- Report on sales metrics and suggest improvements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
- Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement
- Ensure sales, finance and legal policies and procedures are met
- Build an open-communication environment for your team
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency and increase sales
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience managing a team of inside sales reps
- In-depth understanding of the sales administration process
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Hands on experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Excel
- Experience of team reporting metrics
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs