Manager, Event Operations & Services
17 days ago | Requisition ID:
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, Event Operations, the Manager, Event Operations & Services will be responsible for the management of the National Restaurant Association Show Exhibitor Services team, meeting rooms, meeting planning functions Show, event transportation, special event operations, and other projects as assigned.
- Direct and supervise the activities of two full time employees on the Exhibitor Services teams.
- Investigate, implement, and manage customer service programs to continually improve customer service to exhibitors.
- Oversee production of exhibitor communication pieces including, approval email, Exhibitor Service Kit, ROI Resources, training, exhibitor newsletter, Show to Go and Exhibitor Services website.
- With MDG, oversee the development of promotional material related to exhibitor services and operations including print and website.
- Oversee management of the Exhibitor appointed contractor registration process.
- Oversee the trade show priority point system for exhibit space assignment. Serve as arbitrator when necessary.
- Oversee space selection process including exhibitor communications, MYS setup, procedures, and forms.
- Oversees the hiring, training, and management of on-site temporary staff to serve as floor managers, sanitarians and show floor event area managers.
- Provide operational planning support to exhibitors and exhibit sales team when necessary.
- Assist with strategic direction of floorplan development each year to maximize sellable square footage while maintaining the balance of other show floor needs including event areas and priority exhibitor booth size requests. Recommend floor plan changes and oversee priority wait list.
- Oversee the management of MYS.
- Manage the meeting room inventory for show management, conference programming and affiliated needs.
- Manage room setup; order AV services; order catering for food and beverage functions, and distribute information to vendors and other stakeholders for the Show
- Support Association partner meeting room needs
- Assist with Show floor theater operations management
- Lead for onsite catering needs for the Show
- Manage event & meeting management software vendor and lead management of event specifications guide.
- Manage and coordinate advance planning and oversees special events taking place outside of the convention facility
- Track revenue and expenses, review and process invoices/billing related to the Show and be responsible for budget adherence.
- Assist with creation of meeting/event RFPs; conduct necessary follow up; create comparison grids; analyze results; make recommendations.
- Management of all event transportation including but not limited to shuttle buses, Metra, airlines, airport transfers.
- Management of the international trade center including DOC requirements, room management, translators, etc.
- Source, negotiate and provide advance planning and onsite support when needed for Shuttle Busses
- Manage hotel reward programs.
- Manage airline, train, & bus agreement(s)
- Assist leadership of the Exhibitions team within office needs such as ordering catering, off site meeting/event management and all staff presentations.
- Track and assign comp housing to all relevant staff, vendors, onsite hires, etc.
- Assist Senior Manager, Event Operations & Services with Show operational needs including but not limited to show signage, security, AV, Internet, Official Service Provider management and other areas as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
•College degree in business related field preferred
•5-8 years of experience in an exhibitions environment required
•CEM, CMP or equivalent experience desired
•Project management experience preferred
- Strong writing, reading and math skills
- Computer literate (Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications)
- Ability to learn other computer software programs, and enter and maintain accurate data/information
- Broad knowledge of meeting and event logistics
- Basic knowledge of office equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and resilient
- Responsiveness to change
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Persuasiveness and assertiveness
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Considerable people management skills
- Demonstrative abilities in collaborative team building and consensus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Significant communication skills in written and verbal formats; showcases clear and concise manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently; a self initiator, versatile and assumes risk with responsibility
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.