Manager, Meetings & Events
30+ days ago | Requisition ID:
Winsight is the only B2B media company providing actionable information and market intelligence to business leaders and suppliers in three of the fastest growing industries—convenience retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice.
Winsight provides customers and audiences access to the most credible source of industry market intelligence with industry leading print and digital assets, world class events and Technomic’s channel-relevant strategic insights. For more information, visit http://www.winsightmedia.com/
We are looking for a full-time Meetings & Events Manager to be responsible for a variety of tasks in support of Winsight Events. Specifically:
- Specialize in single planner programs that require ownership of all event logistics such as the hotel management, budget management, transportation, registration, speakers, sponsors, special events, agenda accuracy, timelines, weekly reporting and on-site management.
- Collaborate and work closely with brand leaders and other departments such as sales, marketing, accounting and content.
- Retail Leader of the Year Dinner: Assist with 350 person CEO-level dinner that includes assigned seating
- Approximately 8-10 trips per year
- Travel is required of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
We are looking for an upbeat, positive, highly detailed and extremely organized individual. Must be willing to roll up your sleeves and work independently as well as within a group setting. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a consistently positive customer service orientation are a must.
Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills; deadline driven, entrepreneurial, and hard working. Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work; must have a positive and solution-driven attitude.
Ability to make quick decisions without supervision and ensure a successful program for both suppliers and retailer participants.
You will often be the only planner on site and thus must take a leadership role.
Editing and review of sponsor/marketing materials for each event.
Ability to think outside the box and be adaptable depending on client needs.
Continually identify, propose, and implement cost-savings opportunities.
Proactively bring new ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration.
Quick learner who is articulate and enjoys speaking to senior-level executives as well as the day-to-day vendors/layperson.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in event management and meeting planning
- CMP preferred
- College Degree in a related field or equivalent
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and must be able to work well under pressure
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Experience with Cvent registration tool is a plus
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar & layout, making appropriate changes.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.