Manager, Research & Insights
14 days ago | Requisition ID:
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
A manager on Technomic’s Research & Insights team must have strong research and technical expertise, project management skills, and demonstrate aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving. The Manager acts as the day-to-day project manager for multiple projects and is capable of planning and conducting all aspects of project work and collaboration with internal teams and clients with minimal direction or supervision. This individual has at least 5 years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research, interpreting and writing around data, developing insights and implications and presenting study findings relevant to clients’ businesses both verbally and through written reports. The Manager will also have the opportunity to manage a small team of Research Analysts and/or Sr. Research Analysts.
- Collaborates with senior team members to develop and manage project budgets and timelines
- Works directly with clients and internal teams to lead project-related objectives and tasks
- Serves as a direct supervisor to research analysts and oversees their work performance
- Develops research plans, survey questionnaires, and discussion guides reflecting study objectives and client/industry interests
- Manages analysts through project planning and execution, including providing guidance on research methods, data analysis and interpretation, and report writing
- Analyzes a wide breadth of primary and secondary data to understand trends and opportunities around key research topics
- Leads comprehensive reports illustrating trends through clear, concise and insightful editorial, a logical and coherent story and a streamlined executive summary of themes and implications
- Presents industry data and project-specific information to both internal project stakeholders and external clients
- Collaborates on select client proposal development, including research design, project scope definition, analytical approach, timeline and budget development, and staffing plans
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of and experience with quantitative research methodologies is required
- Strong understanding of and experience with qualitative research is strongly preferred, particularly stakeholder interviews, focus groups, and ethnographic work
- Excellent written communication skills are required; applicants must be able to write, concise, cohesive stories based on data collected
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to present study findings in small and large group settings, both internally and externally
- Experience working in market research and/or the foodservice industry (for either a food/beverage supplier, chain restaurant (corporate position) or research firm) a strong plus
- Effective time manager: Able to multi-task across multiple projects. Able to prioritize work and manage time to complete work on time and within project budget.
- Detail oriented: Consistently delivers quality, error-free work with close attention to details.
- Action oriented, takes initiative: Always looking forward and identifying the next step, including identifying specific barriers and action plans needed to overcome them. Takes responsibility to drive projects forward.
- Strategic thinker: Understands market research and how to use research methods and analysis to deliver actionable findings for clients.
- Intellectual curiosity: Approaches business questions with curiosity to build insights and ultimately solve the problem.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and collaborate productively with other team members and clients, especially when working with challenges.
- Positive, confident: Conveys and maintains a positive attitude in the workplace and inspires confidence in direct reports.
- Influential and Persuasive Leader: Has influence and gives confidence to colleagues, inspiring confidence in the recommendations brought forward. Viewed as expert on strategic use of research, able to lead, use good judgment and influence internally and externally.
- Communicate effectively: demonstrate ability to effectively express ideas and opinions in written and oral formats including in-person presentations.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in market research industry, specifically within consulting, consumer research, or other similar services firms
- Bachelor’s degree or above in business, social science, market research, or related field
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Extensive experience in SPSS or similar analytical platforms
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.