Market Research Intern
Chicago, IL, US
5 days ago | Requisition ID:
Only Technomic delivers a 360 view of the food industry. We drive growth and profitability for our clients by providing the most reliable, consumer-grounded, channel-relevant data, with forward-looking, strategic insights. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
We are searching for a bright, high-achieving and motivated current student or graduate student, who is passionate about market research, extremely curious and interested in learning new things within the foodservice industry.
The Market Research Intern will work within Technomic's Data Management division, supporting Menu, Company, and other products. The individual will work closely with the Product Assistant to ensure proper completion of projects, which involve phone/web research, data collection and entry, database updates and more.
- Collect foodservice industry data by phone, website or secondary sources
- Conduct special projects and make direct contact within the foodservice industry
- Participate in project ideation and other activities that will help build knowledge and expertise about the market research process
- Keep to a schedule with deadlines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance, Management, Marketing, etc.), Economics, Journalism, or Social Science (Psychology, Sociology, etc.)
- Must be willing to commit to working an average of 20 hours per week
- Communicate well within the team environment
- Exhibit confidence on the telephone and attention to detail
- Inquisitive nature, asking questions and have a willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Culinary background or knowledge of foodservice or restaurant industry a plus
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.