Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Event Marketing Manager and Senior Director of Marketing in all aspects of event promotions, including assisting with targeted email marketing campaigns designed to maximize sponsorship and recruitment efforts by developing email messaging to differentiate each unique event in the foodservice industry. The marketing coordinator will also manage the event app, including pre-event setup and development, promotions, sponsor app content, and on-site support. This person will develop and maintain a social media presence for specific conferences by creating content and posting regularly on designated platforms and executing website updates for all requested events. The ideal candidate has general marketing or internship experience in corporate events or advertising.
The candidate must be available to travel multiple times a year, be a motivated self-starter, extremely detail-oriented, a strong writer, and knowledgeable about current marketing concepts and trends.
- Assist Event Marketing Manager and Senior Director of Marketing in all aspects of event marketing campaign development, including writing copy for recruitment, sponsorship, and nurture email campaigns
- Lead marketing efforts for small meetings, such as EduNetworking, FoodService Director C&U Share Groups, and FSD Culinary Immersions
- Develop, maintain, and execute social media campaigns for conferences and small meetings
- Assist team leads with website updates and launches
- Manage the event app, including setup, maintenance, and onsite support
- Execute marketing plans created by event marketing leads and maintain task calendars via Monday.com by ensuring all owned projects are completed in a timely manner
- Manage general marketing administrative responsibilities such as printing, maintaining files, agendas, and recaps
- Collaborate with internal groups, such as the sales, design, and event operations teams
- Execute additional marketing efforts as directed by the Senior Director of Marketing
- Support special projects as needed or directed by the Senior Director of Marketing
- This position requires travel, approximately 6-8 trips per year
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 1-2 years’ experience in corporate conference/event marketing, advertising, or related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field
- Exceptional writing ability
- Proactive, self-starter individual with exceptional organizational and communication skills, a killer attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple high-visibility projects at the same time
- Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work; must have a positive and solution-driven attitude
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm and respectful manner
- Enjoy working independently and in a collaborative environment
- Welcomes new technology and a good creative brain with the ability to think outside the box
- Knowledge in Monday.com, Attendee Hub, and/or Marketo a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience managing and updating websites preferred
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.