Quality Assurance Analyst
20 days ago | Requisition ID: 1065
Technomic provides foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Product team out of our Chicago office!
Software testers play a crucial role in ensuring that our B2B food research platform exceeds expectations. Ignite is a premiere SaaS platform for foodservice insights, dynamically answering questions like “what toppings should my restaurant put on the turkey burger?” and “why do Millennials love cold brew so much?” We test each workflow from a user perspective, both manually and with automated tools. We work side by side with our developers to create high-quality, intuitive tools for the largest restaurant chains and food manufacturers. You’ll work closely with engineers, product managers, and internal end users to develop test plans, prevent mission-critical bugs, and approve new features for release. If you’re a fast learner with an eye for detail and a successful track record in software quality assurance, join our fast-paced Product team today!
- Provides high-quality testing and logging of bugs, including system integration, database validation, regression, end-to-end and performance testing
- Ensure that all feature deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality
- Develop and execute automated tests to determine application readiness
- Own bug lifecycle management, including bug tracking, reporting, analysis and verification
- Create testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and defect reports
- Ensures applications meet requirements and identifies current or potential problems
- Analyzes problems encountered in testing and works with the team to determine the corrective changes
- Offers feedback on usability for a wide range of products
- Reviews user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Ongoing, continuous improvement in testing efficiency and effectiveness through the use of innovative Quality Assurance practices and tools
- Develop deep expertise in the product and be passionate about creating the absolute best customer experience
- Work with Product Managers, Software Developers and Business Analysts in an Agile team environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- 2-4 years’ experience in software, application and/or database testing
- Strong knowledge of software Quality Assurance methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Strong critical thinking and analytical/technical problem-solving skills
- Actively seeks challenging assignments, is genuinely excited by a challenge
- Communication in an organized and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear requests for information
- Manages time working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work on a team and individually
- Ownership for assignments
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in SQL (or similar database) query writing preferred
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.