30+ days ago | Requisition ID:
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
The Research Analyst will work directly with senior staff members to assist in the management of both proprietary and syndicated consumer research studies. This position will conduct mixed-methods, qualitative and quantitative market research focused on servicing the insights needs of large restaurant chains and food/beverage suppliers.
A Technomic Research Analyst (RA) must possess knowledge of sound research methodology and techniques, good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively across Technomic departments. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to be a strong communicator (written and oral skills); have strong attention to detail; have advanced analytical and critical thinking skills; have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills; and the ability to adapt to rapidly shifting assignments and deadlines.
Technomic RAs help execute research project plans and coordinate activities required to deliver the research on time and with high quality. Responsibilities are a combination of Primary Research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and Secondary Research (typically online research). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Design and execute quantitative and qualitative research
- Develop questionnaires for quantitative surveys and discussion guides for focus groups and in-depth interviews (IDIs)
- Execute in-depth interviews, online bulletin board/diary studies, etc.
- Test online surveys prior to launch to confirm accuracy and proper survey logic
- Lead analysis of qualitative data, including qualitative coding, thematic analysis, grounded theory, etc.
- Contribute to quantitative analyses, including crosstabulations, data table building and data interpretation
- Research, recommend and implement innovative behavior research methods
- Visualize quantitative and qualitative research findings
- Clearly communicate with project leaders about project timeline and status
- Provide accurate and insightful project deliverables on time to project or product leaders
- Recruit, schedule and complete qualitative interviews with industry professionals
- Provide support on analysis and presentation of quantitative and qualitative research findings
- Write custom reports (PowerPoint presentations, white papers, infographics) from quantitative and qualitative data sources
- Make data come to life by providing editorial content and assisting with the identification of trends, insights, implications, key recommendations and next steps for research projects
- Provide follow-up on client questions
- Understand the clients’ business, products and services along with the broader industry
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Technomic tools and research methodologies
- Conduct project-specific online research
- Analyze results of secondary research
The ideal candidate will show ability to understand the client’s business needs and apply this understanding to projects. Competency in this role leads to responsibilities that include more client-facing responsibilities and presentations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The SRA should have the following characteristics:
- Professional maturity: Exhibit qualities that demonstrate professionalism and the desire to excel within the position.
- Effective time manager: Able to prioritize work and manage time to complete work by assigned deadline and within budgeted days/hours. Can juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Proactive: Escalates problems with potential solutions to supervisor/PM/Advisor. Provides advanced notice if challenges will prevent tasks from being completed in a timely manner or if scheduling conflicts occur.
- Detail orientated: Has extreme attention to detail and adherence to quality control process and consistently delivers quality, error-free work
- Initiative: Takes responsibility to get work done efficiently and effectively. Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow. Can work independently with general direction and supervision. Does not hesitate to ask questions.
- Can-do Attitude: Approaches new projects with vigor and sees them as a chance to increase industry knowledge and develop expertise. Is excited by the chance to work with new topics, team members, and departments.
- Intellectual curiosity: Possesses a natural inquisitiveness and approaches business questions with curiosity to build insights and ultimately solve the problem.
- Research mindset: Has good working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and collaborate productively with other team members and clients.
- Communicate effectively: Demonstrate ability to effectively express ideas and opinions. Can communicate across all levels of the Technomic and Winsight organization. Demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Comfortable providing support on client-facing interactions – conference calls, webinars, etc.
- Strategic thinker: Shows aptitude to think strategically and problem solve to meet objectives. Ultimately being able to use research methods and how to approach data from different angles to meet objectives.
- Fascination with the food industry: Is excited by this ever-changing industry and looks to apply their current industry knowledge and grow new industry competencies. Prior culinary, restaurant, or foodservice industry experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, business, communications, social sciences or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 0-3 years prior experience
- Extensive working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of survey writing techniques and best practices a must
- Demonstrated experience with SPSS, R, Sawtooth or other statistical/analytical software a plus, but not required
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.