Research Analyst (Financial)
16 days ago | Requisition ID: 1121
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
We are looking for a Research Analyst who will work within Technomic’s Products & Programs department, supporting a variety of syndicated research projects. The primary focus of the position will be to track and evaluate the financial performance of restaurants and other foodservice businesses. This individual will compile relevant research findings into reports, infographics, and other deliverables that provide impactful insights to clients.
This individual must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with a variety of team members within the Products & Programs department as well as across the larger Winsight business. Excellent organizational skills are a necessity for this position, as well as the ability to transform data into meaningful and actionable insights.
Technomic Research Analysts formulate and execute project plans to deliver data and deliverables on-time and with a high degree of accuracy. The primary responsibilities of a Research Analyst include the following:
- Plan, carry-out, and summarize research that evaluates the financial performance of restaurants and other foodservice companies such as supermarkets, hotels, and distributors
- Assist with maintaining a client-facing online platform that visualizes critical performance data for foodservice companies
- Assess and provide commentary on how changing economic and operating conditions may impact the foodservice industry
- Review both internal and external data sources to assess the size, segmentation, and performance of the foodservice industry as a whole
- Stay up-to-date on important industry news and developments, including events such as mergers & acquisitions, initial public offerings, company expansions, bankruptcies etc.
- Create impactful client-facing reports and deliverables in the form of PowerPoint decks, infographics, and white papers
- Make data come to life by providing editorial content and identifying trends, insights, implications, and critical recommendations
- Communicate with your Manager and other relevant team members about project timelines and status updates
- Provide support to a variety of teams (sales, account management, marketing, etc.) to address client requests and inquiries
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or another related field
- 1-2 years of related working experience
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven track record of transforming data into meaningful and actionable insights
- Professional maturity: Exhibit qualities that demonstrate professionalism and the desire to excel within the position.
- Effective time manager: Able to prioritize work and manage time to complete work on time and within budgeted days/hours. Can juggle multiple concurrent projects.
- Proactive: Escalates problems with potential solutions to Manager and other team members. Provides advanced notice if challenges will prevent tasks from being completed in a timely manner or if scheduling conflicts occur.
- Detail-orientated: Shows attention to detail and adherence to quality control process and consistently delivers quality, error-free work
- Initiative: Takes responsibility to get work done efficiently and effectively. Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow. Can work independently with general direction and supervision. Does not hesitate to ask questions.
- Can-do Attitude: Approaches new projects with vigor and sees them as a chance to increase industry knowledge and develop expertise. Is excited by the chance to work with new topics, team members, and departments.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and collaborate productively with other team members and clients.
- Communicates effectively: Demonstrates ability to effectively express ideas and opinions. Is able to communicate across all levels of the Technomic and Winsight organization.
- Strategic thinker: Shows aptitude to think strategically and problem solve to meet objectives.
- Interest in the foodservice industry: Is excited by this ever-changing industry and looks to apply their current industry knowledge and grow new industry competencies.
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.