Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
The National Restaurant Association Show is the largest foodservice event in the Western Hemisphere and the 18th largest tradeshow in the United States attracting 65,000 attendees and 2,300 exhibiting companies from around the world. We’re in search of a Sales Manager to join our team. This position will play a critical role in achieving our exhibit and sponsorship sales growth objectives in a fast-paced,results driven, high performing team. This job description provides a general guideline to the most common duties, responsibilities, and minimum requirements for thisposition. It is not all inclusive and the actual position may vary as circumstances indicate or as determined by leadership.
- Sell exhibit space and sponsorship to leading foodservice suppliers at the National Restaurant Association Show using a consultative, market-led, strategic approach
- Conduct sales calls by phone, online, and in person, including regular travel to meet with clients and attend industry events
- Coach, mentor, and develop, four direct reports
- Develop and execute sales and account plans that ensure strategic development of priority accounts and prospects within assigned territory
- Set monthly and quarterly sales goals for team that will enable achievement of annual goals
- Oversee team sales activity and performance
- Provide weekly and monthly sales team forecasts, strategic account updates, and trip summaries
- Lead ongoing team sales training
- Maintain clear, up-to-date records, and detailed notes on sales activity in Salesforce CRM
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of foodservice industry
- Meet and exceed sales goals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and Salesforce CRM s activity in Salesforce CRM
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years sales experience
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies
- Experience managing and directing a sales team
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively, verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and Salesforce CRM
This position has a base pay with a commission-based structure. We have an excellent Chicago loop location, just steps from many public transportation systems. Weoffer excellent career growth opportunities, 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, open PTO, smart, dynamic coworkers and a positive, results-oriented environment.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.