Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.The National Restaurant Association Show is the largest foodservice event in the Western Hemisphere and the 18th largest tradeshow in the United States attracting 65,000 attendees and 2,300 exhibiting companies from around the world.
We’re in search of a Sales Representative to join our team. This position will play a fundamental role in achieving our exhibit and sponsorship sales growth objectives in a fast-paced, results driven, high performing team. This job description provides a general guideline to the most common duties, responsibilities, and minimum requirements for this position. It is not all inclusive and the actual position may vary as circumstances indicate or as determined by leadership. Business hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, but may require additional hours and weekend travel as business needs dictate.
- Call on existing National Restaurant Association Show exhibitors to sell them enhanced online exhibitor listings to elevate their brand, promote their products, and enhance their presence at the Show
- Must be comfortable with making 50+ calls per day
- Work with current Show exhibitors to help them populate their online profiles to maximize their exposure to attendees
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound leads, follow up and outbound cold calls/emails
- Mine data from Salesforce CRM to uncover leads for the sales team, identify key players, update contact records and generate interest in Show offerings
- Source new sales opportunities and generate leads for account executives using industry publications and competitive tradeshow exhibitor lists
- Maintain clear, up-to-date records and database notes on prospective and existing exhibitors
- Works on special projects and other duties as required helping to advance our team’s business
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of foodservice industry
- Minimal travel to Winsight and industry events
Skills & Qualifications:
- College degree
- 0-3 years sales experience
- Self-motivated, driven, hunter mentality
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively, verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Salesforce knowledge is a plus
This position has a base pay with a commission-based structure. We have an excellent Chicago loop location, just steps from many public transportation systems. Weoffer excellent career growth opportunities, 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, open PTO, smart, dynamic coworkers and a positive, results-oriented environment.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.