Senior Data Analyst
30+ days ago | Requisition ID: 1150
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
We are currently seeking an ambitious, career-oriented individual to join our team as a Senior Data Analyst, Data & Analytics. This individual will support Technomic’s predictive & advanced analytics initiatives that span across our consumer, menu and industry solutions. In this role, you will utilize a wide variety of predictive modeling & statistical techniques, our wealth of historical data and tools like SPSS Statistics, R, Sawtooth Software, Azure Data Studio, SQL etc. to provide data driven insights.
The successful candidate will be a manager with exceptional analytical, problem solving, and research skills and will be nimble to adopt use of new tools and techniques. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be vital, as collaboration with cross-functional teams is key to the role's success.
- Leverage analytical skill set to access data from multiple data sources for ad hoc analysis, data visualizations, forecasting and predictive modeling
- Develop segmentation models using a variety of clustering and data reduction techniques
- Validate analysis by understanding client requirements, running reliability testing and applying qualitative calibrations as relevant to the foodservice industry
- Create discrete choice models to measure price sensitivity and attribute preference via use of simulators and proprietary pricing tools
- Develop market sizing models using survey, transactional and Technomic’s proprietary data sources to estimate product category size
- Collaborate with data scientists to lead development of analytic web applications including reviewing client specifications and testing outputs
- Independently work with transactional data source partners to manage monthly data refreshes, data quality checks, updating segmentation and running queries to support ad hoc analysis
- Apply regressive techniques on survey data to decipher key drivers of consumer visit satisfaction, loyalty and other requested metrics
- Collaborate with advisory, research and survey programming teams to draft and field surveys per client requirements
- Develop comprehensive reports for advanced analytic projects illustrating analysis through clear, concise, and insightful editorial, a logical and coherent story and present to clients and internal teams
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of and experience with quantitative research methodologies is required
- Hands on with segmentation, regressions, clustering, validation and data reduction techniques
- Experience with market sizing and forecasting is a strong plus
- Experience with discrete choice methodologies like maxdiffs, choice based and menu based conjoints is a strong plus
- Strong understanding of data mining, predictive modeling and big data platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to present study findings in small and large group settings, both internally and externally
- Experience working in market research and/or the foodservice industry (for either a food/beverage supplier, chain restaurant (corporate position) or research firm) in an analytics role is a strong plus
- Effective time manager: Able to multi-task across multiple projects. Able to prioritize work and manage time to complete work on time and within project budget.
- Detail oriented: Consistently delivers quality, error-free work with close attention to details.
- Action oriented, takes initiative: Always looking forward and identifying the next step, including identifying specific barriers and action plans needed to overcome them. Takes responsibility to drive projects forward.
- Strategic thinker: Understands market research and how to use research methods and analysis to deliver actionable findings for clients.
- Intellectual curiosity: Approaches business questions with curiosity to build insights and ultimately solve the problem.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and collaborate productively with other team members and clients, especially when working with challenges.
- Positive, confident: Conveys and maintains a positive attitude in the workplace and inspires confidence in direct reports.
- Influential and Persuasive Leader: Has influence and gives confidence to colleagues, inspiring confidence in the recommendations brought forward. Viewed as expert on strategic use of research, able to lead, use good judgment and influence internally and externally.
- Communicate effectively: demonstrate ability to effectively express ideas and opinions in written and oral formats including in-person presentations.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in market research industry, specifically within analytic consulting, consumer research, or other similar services firms
- Bachelor’s degree or above in statistics, data science, engineering, market research, or related field
- Extensive experience in SPSS statistics, R, Sawtooth Software
- Experience in SQL, Azure Data Studio
- Familiarity with dashboarding tools like Shinyapps, Harmoni, Marketsight, Tableau etc.
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.