Senior Director/VP, Product Development
For 50 years, Technomic has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services include category and channel analyses, customer satisfaction studies, market opportunity assessments and strategic entry planning, benchmarking programs and brand equity enhancement. We excel at industry intelligence, forecasts, data, training support and customer research.
We have an exciting opening for a Senior Director/VP, Product Development to lead the ongoing development of our proprietary foodservice research platform and related products. The Senior Director/VP will own the execution of all development work and technical decisions as it relates to our proprietary products.
This leader will work closely with the business on strategy and roadmap design which will include (i) enhancements to evolve our core products, (ii) new product launches, (iii) development of our backend systems and processes, (iv) integration of models from our data sciences team, (v) consuming and transforming third-party data, and (vi) innovations in the form of leveraging new technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing to expand our capabilities.
The Senior Director/VP of Product Development, along with senior development staff, will be responsible for hiring and managing in-house and third-party developers, including firms as well as providing direction for the engineering culture.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple internal and external development teams and executing strategic initiatives and new product launches. A work history demonstrating success partnering with business leaders to deliver high quality web based applications that exceed end user expectations is highly desired.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Scale the in-house development team in the Chicago office. Staff will include a mix of full stack developers, database administrators and business analysts.
- Lead internal and external development teams through software development lifecycle, from requirement collection to delivery to support, with the goal of exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Direct production and releases of new proprietary Software-as-a-Service applications.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and business leaders in defining and executing on the data product roadmap and new product requirements. Understand individual product goals, positioning and go to market.
- Evaluate new technology solutions which would allow delivery of superior product and experience.
- Develop a coherent strategy for integrating new products and datasets into the existing web platform.
- Ensure the security of applications, proprietary data, and intellectual property.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience with strong project management and communication skills
- 15+ years of software development and architecture experience
- 2+ years of machine learning and natural language processing experience
- Experience with search technologies such as Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, Azure Search
- Experience with proprietary B2B or B2C platforms
- Experience leading development teams across multiple technologies such as .NET Framework, SQL/RDBMS, Python, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft Azure environment
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.