Senior Manager / Director - Finance / Business Operations
10 days ago | Requisition ID:
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
The Sr. Manager / Director, Finance / Business Operations (DOE) will report to the President of Technomic and will have responsibilities across business information (including revenue and expense forecast management) and operations.
Business Information (60%)
- Manage and create monthly performance forecasts including calculating actual and future sales bookings, revenue, cancellations and ARR by product. To complete this process, 1/1 meetings are required with customer facing staff to collect project statuses and new business forecasts.
- Manage and create quarterly operational forecasts including the collection of expense updates from department leads, assumptions from Division president, the audit of salary and variable labor costs, the creation of all reporting and the submission to Finance.
- Coordinate and submit the Annual Operating Budget in collaboration with the Division President.
- Respond in a timely fashion to recurring or ad-hoc information requests from department Vice Presidents, Division President and Finance department.
- Work closely with Order Entry, Sales Operations and Accounting on the correct entry and reporting of all sales activity and revenue reporting. Ensure new and sunsetting products are treated appropriately in reporting.
- Work closely with Account Management on renewal tracking and reporting.
- In coordination with Finance, administer Technomic’s bonus program including the creation of quarterly bonus accrual forecasts. In coordination with the VP of Incentive Compensation and head of Sales, record commissions earned and forecasted and include in quarterly forecasts.
- Work with department VPs to track all expenses against revenue to determine profitability and identify methods to improve margin.
- Participate in contract administration and pricing modification approvals.
- Work closely with Product Owners to develop reporting program to ensure they have access to timely and accurate product metrics.
- Work closely with the head of Product & Services to assess margins on products and make recommendations on how to improve margins or sunset programs.
- Work closely with the head of Account Management to assess renewal rates by account and by product. Identify predictive attributes of a renewal or cancellation and make recommendations to remedy.
- Work closely with division leadership to develop performance reporting program so all staff understand how the business is performing against key metrics.
- Work with Division President on special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 6 years in an operations or finance role.
- Experience managing a revenue and expense forecasting process. Strong understanding of subscription revenue recognition schedules.
- Experience leading projects with staff outside of a direct reporting relationship. Significant experience managing cross department projects.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
- Comfortable extracting data from different systems and consolidating into reports.
- Demonstrated success working independently to identify and solve complex business challenges.
- Comfortable managing multiple large initiatives at the same time (multi-tasking) and driving all towards on schedule completion.
- Intermediate (required) / Advanced (preferred) Salesforce or similar CRM skills.
- Analytical with excellent written and oral communication.
- Meticulous in follow-up, time management, organization, and quality of work.
- Proactive, critical thinker and creative problem solver.
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.