Senior Manager, Event Content & Design
18 days ago | Requisition ID: 1070
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the foodservice industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
Winsight Events embody our corporate philosophy of the value of face-to-face meetings, offering great relationship-enhancing and creative business-building opportunities. Featuring high-profile speakers and leaders of industry, our Leadership Conferences are lively, content-driven and focused on great learnings and fun, meaningful interactions that attract attendees from the leading companies in Retail.
The successful candidate for the position of Senior Manager, Event Content & Design will help drive the event construction, agendas, and content for the Leadership Conferences of Winsight’s Retail divisions (Convenience and Grocery): Convenience Retailing University and Outlook Leadership Conference, plus the Retail Foodservice (Grocery) Summit and Retail Dietician Exchange.
Experience in the retail sector (specifically Convenience or Grocery) is highly desirable, and B2B event experience is a plus.
Convenience Retailing University & Outlook Leadership Conferences:
- Utilize experience and familiarity with convenience retailing to propose agenda construction and topics, create compelling descriptions for use in agendas and marketing materials and on website. (For CRU, category management expertise is crucial; for Outlook, focus is on c-suite/senior leadership of top brands, both retailers and suppliers.)
- Retain and update industry learnings/knowledge with CSP products, relationship-building, and by attending convenience industry events
- Collaborate with executive team on event objectives, attributes, deliverables
- Collaborate with sales team on revenue goals, opportunities
- Work with CSP Magazine editors and SMEs, plus Technomic team members, to determine relevant, appropriate content for the specific audiences
- Recommend and secure presenters and panelists, manage speaker logistics and coordinate sessions
- For keynote speakers, work with multiple speaker bureaus to research, identify, and negotiate agreements (upon approval and budget considerations), plus work with speaker team and producer from contract to event conclusion, including all communications, and ensuring optimal speaker experience. Post-event follow-up.
- Work with production team for speaker requirements, rehearsals, media
- Collect all necessary marketing materials for speakers and manage website updates (no IT experience required)
- Coordinate with internal sponsor relations teams on related content and speaker information, and supplier speakers
- Manage speaker budgets for retail events
- Miscellaneous tasks, such as managing awards programs as required by each event
Retail Foodservice Summit and Retail Dietician Exchange: Work with Grocery division EVP and Summit director to understand scope of work and manage related tasks, similar to Convenience group requirements.
EduNetworking programs (Insight and Advisory meetings) are both client and/or topic-driven, and may occasionally require assistance in programming and speaker recruitment.
Approximately 6-8 trips per year is required of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills; deadline driven, entrepreneurial, and hard working. Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work; must have a positive and solution-driven attitude
- Ability to make quick decisions without supervision and ensure a successful program for both suppliers and retailer participants
- Ability to work with and manage high-profile presenters
- Editing and review of sponsor/marketing materials for each event
- Ability to think “beyond the box” and be adaptable depending on client needs
- Continually identify, propose, and implement cost-savings opportunities
- Proactively bring new ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration
- Quick learner who is articulate and enjoys speaking to senior-level executives as well as the day-to-day vendors/layperson
- Minimum of 5+ years of event experience
- College Degree in a related field or equivalent
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar & layout, making appropriate changes
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.