Senior Manager, Meetings & Events
Winsight is a leading B2B information services company focused on the food and beverage industry, providing insight and market intelligence to business leaders in every channel consumers buy food and beverage – convenience stores, grocery retailing, restaurants and noncommercial foodservice – through media, events, data products, advisory services, and trade shows.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Meetings and Events to join our team in Mesa, AZ.
This individual will support the Convenience Retailing event team with all event related products, including, but not limited to EduNetworking®; Advisory Meetings; Retail Leader of the Year; Outlook Leadership Conference; Convenience Retailing University.
- EduNetworking & Advisory Meetings: All elements of the meeting such as hotel management, budget management, transportation, registration, speakers execution/liaison, special events, agenda accuracy, timelines, weekly reporting and on-site management.
- Retail Leader of the Year Dinner: Support the event at registration and assist in pre-planning logistics as needed with the other planners on the team.Due to other obligations to schedules, often needed is support to cover while another planner is on-site for a different meeting leading up to this event.On-site will mostly be registration support and seating changes, which is very complicated for this particular event.
- Convenience Retailing University & Outlook Leadership Conferences: Support and train for different aspects of these two conferences.Working with team to build a successful experience for all participants as well as adhering strictly to budgets.Learning both aspects of the hotel coordination and sponsor relations fulfilment positions.
- Approximately 8-10 possible trips per year, travel is required of this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extremely strong organizational, project and time management skills; deadline driven, entrepreneurial, and hard working. Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work; must have a positive and solution-driven attitude.
- Being able to make quick decisions without supervision and ensure a successful program for both suppliers and retailer participants. You will often be the only planner on site and thus must take a leader role.
- Remaining calm in stressful situations of displeased participants is a MUST!
- Editing and review of sponsor/marketing materials for each event.
- Ability to think outside the box and be adaptable depending on client needs.
- Continually identify, propose, and implement cost-savings opportunities.
- Proactively bring new ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration.
- Quick learner who is articulate and enjoys speaking to senior-level executives as well as the day-to-day vendors/layperson.
- Minimum of 7+ years of meeting planning experience
- CMP preferred
- College Degree in a related field or equivalent
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar & layout, making appropriate changes.
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.