Senior Software Developer
Only Technomic delivers a 360 view of the food industry. We drive growth and profitability for our clients by providing the most reliable, consumer-grounded, channel-relevant data, with forward-looking, strategic insights. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
We are searching for a Senior Software Developer to join our Digital Production team out of our Chicago office!
We are looking for an individual with 7+ years' experience to join our Ignite team. Ignite is a leading food research platform, allowing chain restaurants to research competitors, menu trends, brand intel, and more. The developer will be responsible for development and enhancements of our business applications, including customer-facing research site and internal support tools. This is a full stack role and will also provide opportunities for system architecture.
- Develop and support business applications using Microsoft technology stack (.NET, SQL Server, Azure, Office)
- Understand and implement specifications for enhancements and new features
- Troubleshoot and solve issues in applications and database
- Support and maintenance of software systems, including periodic releases of software to production environment
- Produce database logic and collaborate with data engineers to acquire and use new data sources
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- .NET Core and Web API – able to develop for desktop and web applications using C# language
- Experience with at least one front-end scripting framework (Angular, React, Knockout, Vue, or similar)
- Familiar with industry standard architectural patterns such as MVC, MVP, MVVM, MVW
- SQL Server – able to write queries, stored procedures, views, functions
- Experience with at least one ORM (Entity Framework, Dapper, LINQ to SQL, etc.)
- Experience managing cloud-hosted resources (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and at least some exposure to business intelligence (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Able to work in SDLC’s like Waterfall and Agile
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.