Senior Software Developer
30+ days ago | Requisition ID:
For 50 years, Technomic has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Its services include category and channel analyses, customer satisfaction studies, market opportunity assessments and strategic entry planning, benchmarking programs and brand equity enhancement. We excel at industry intelligence, forecasts, data, training support and consumer research.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Chicago.
As part of the Technomic Product Development Team you would be responsible for developing new features in an ASP.NET Core, MVC, SQL Server based web application with a Vue front end in an agile environment. You would also be responsible for mentoring less experienced team members in development and helping to guide the future of the platform. In addition, you will be responsible for doing some peer design and code reviews.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- .NET/C# using ASP.NET Core MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server and Relational DB Design and Development
- Knowledge of Azure App Services, Azure SQL, Redis Caching, Application Insights
- Experience with database structures, stored procedures, functions, triggers, data migration and transformation
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes, and patterns
- A passion to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- A drive to continuously improve both the team and the product
- Experience in Selenium is a plus
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.