Social Media Coordinator
30+ days ago | Requisition ID: 1147
Winsight is a fast-growing B2B media company that provides business insights and market intelligence to the allied foodservice and beverage industry through print and digital media platforms, conferences, market research and The National Restaurant Association Show, the largest foodservice event in the Western Hemisphere and the 18th largest tradeshow in the United States. Each year, the Show brings together more than 60,000 attendees and 2,300 exhibitors from around the world to foster partnership and showcase the latest trends, products and insights fueling the foodservice industry.
We’re in search of an experienced social media coordinator to drive the growth, development, execution and measurement of multi-platform social and community strategies to drive attendee acquisition for the Show. Reporting to Director, New Media, and working within a shared services team, this role will plan, develop, manage and optimize effective social media campaigns on behalf of the Show and look for opportunities to incorporate new social strategies to develop the Show brand.
In doing so, you’ll work cross-functionally with other members of Winsight’s audience marketing team, Exhibitions leadership and marketing agency MDG to ensure Exhibitions social media campaigns leverage best practices and support overall Exhibitions marketing strategy. You’ll work to analyze social metrics and identify trends and opportunities to maximize campaigns and meet social performance benchmarks.
If you’re passionate about working across teams to create fun, engaging social campaigns that drive response, a self-starter that shares our core values of freedom and responsibility, passion, collaboration, intellectual curiosity—and fun!—then you might be the right person to join our growing team!
We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional perspectives, and we recognize the diversity and inclusion benefits our organizations and our partners. We encourage applications from women, BIPOC and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Lead the creative development and execution of social media campaigns and experiences across multiple platforms
- Act as the day-to-day program lead on social strategy while working closely with our social and digital teams
- Proactively identify social trends and opportunities and communicate those to internal teams
- Analyze campaign performance and generate reports to provide recommendations
- Own direct relationships with key social platforms; stay up-to-date on platform changes, new offerings, best practices and competitive case studies
- Other social media marketing duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 2-4 years of digital marketing experience
- Experience planning and developing social media content, strategies and programs, especially for B2B audiences
- Experience managing and and growing social channels and communities for B2B brands
- High standards of editorial excellence and experience with multiple brand voices
- Experience in paid social media including paid strategy and execution with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn campaigns
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms, especially emerging channels
- Proven success in a cross-functional role
- Killer attention to detail and superb communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and drive projects forward while working with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Has a positive “yes we can” attitude
- Enjoys working independently and in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
It will set you apart from the pack if you are:
- Experienced in optimizing social media campaigns, A/B testing, reporting and analyzing metrics
- Familiar with tools such as Sprout Social and Google Analytics
- Passionate about constantly learning and improving
Reasons to join Winsight:
- Help build and execute the best tradeshow marketing strategy
- Be part of a smart, friendly, and fast-growing team of digital experts
- Work in our spacious downtown Chicago office, located close to public transportation (across the street from Union Station) and plenty of delicious lunch options — and a gorgeous view of the river
- Receive competitive salary and benefits, including unlimited LaCroix from the office’s free vending machine
Winsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Winsight does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.