30+ days ago | Requisition ID: 1013
Only Technomic delivers a 360 view of the food industry. We drive growth and profitability for our clients by providing the most reliable, consumer-grounded, channel-relevant data, with forward-looking, strategic insights. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
Technomic is seeking a Survey Programmer to join the Research & Insights group. The Survey Programmer supports the data & analytics team in survey programming, creating data tables, advanced analytics, and data visualization. A secondary part of the role will be to support the related data analysis and client-facing reporting process.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Builds online survey questionnaires in IBM SPSS Data Collection and Reporter
- Responsible for scripting survey routing of varying complexities & methodologies. Use judgment to determine ideal programming and analysis methods
- Independently conduct initial tests and debugging on surveys to assure high quality work
- Accurately run data tables and cross-tabulations based on report and client needs
- Work with survey sample vendors to launch and field consumer & operator surveys, use proper judgement and discretion to select survey sample vendors
- Supports client projects through analyzing, processing and running statistical analyses
- Independently maintains analysis documentation
- Individual continued improvement by developing programming abilities and expanding team’s capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Engineering, and Operations Research preferred
- 0 – 2 years of related professional experience
- Familiarity with SPSS, R, Java, HTML or similar software preferred
- Must have attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Independently learn new programming languages and tools with minimal guidance
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.