29 days ago | Requisition ID: 1140
For over 50 years, Technomic, a Winsight Company, has provided foodservice clients around the globe with the research, insights and strategic consulting support they need to enhance their business strategies, decisions and results. Our services range from major research studies and management consulting solutions to online databases and simple fact-finding assignments. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants and retailers, other foodservice organizations, and various institutions aligned with the food industry.
The Survey Programmer supports the data & analytics team in survey programming, testing, fielding, quota management, data quality and continued development of our survey programming capabilities.
- Builds online survey questionnaires using IBM SPSS Data Collection Author & other tools
- Develop survey logic/routing to support survey development of varying complexities
- Independently debug survey routing and test online surveys to produce error free work
- Interface with survey sample vendors to field consumer & operator surveys
- Clearly understand sampling requirements and maintain sample quotas, fielding timelines and budgets
- Elevate survey sample quality via survey scripting techniques (e.g. recaptcha, custom logic etc.)
- Program bulletin boards to support qualitative research using our panel management tools
- Understand data requirements to support underlying data structure needs via appropriate programming
- Update survey programming documentation and provide updates to team on new capabilities
- Elevate our survey programming and data collection capabilities by introducing new features and improved user experience
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research or a similar technical field
- 0 – 2 years of related professional experience
- Familiarity with survey programming tools like IBM SPSS Data Collection Author, Qualtrics, Voxco, Confirmit, Decipher or similar survey scripting platform preferred
- Familiarity with web development a plus
- Must have attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Independently learn new programming languages and tools with minimal guidance
Technomic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technomic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.